Friday, March 23, 2012

Quaker Friends Society Recommend Peaceful Solution to the War

The president answered  Samuel B. Tobey, of the Society of Friends in New England (Quakers) suggestion that the war be resolved through peaceful "direct negotiation" by suggesting "how fully I appreciate the principles of peace . . . and I look forward hopefully to an early end of war, and return of peace."
Mrs. Lincoln has ventured out of her bedroom for the first time since the death of her son.
Mr. Lincoln sends a letter of support to Governor Peirpoint (VA) at the Wheeling Convention telling him to draw up a resolution for the new state and send it for him to look at.
Meanwhile, as Lincoln's bodyguard, I was notified that my complaint against Horace Greeley for defaming my name in his newspaper would be heard in court on April 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment